A former Government of Ireland Research Fellow, Tom is Principal Investigator (PI) of the GRC3 (GRC Technology Centre 2013-2018), PI of the SmaRT and SamRT4Reg Commercialization Fund Projects and PI of two Marie Sklodowska-Curie Career-FIT Fellowships in AI. Tom has received €8,658,332 in research funding and has produced 219 publications, including 73 full papers, 84 conference papers and 11 inventions. Tom’s research and scholarly experience are in:
- Semantic Technologies for Knowledge Engineering in AI & NLP for FinTech and RegTech.
- Digital Regulatory Reporting at the Bank of England and the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Governance, Risk Management and Digital Regulatory Compliance.
- Business & Risk Taxonomy Development—Operational, AML and Conduct Risk.
- Data Modelling, Virtualization, and Predictive Analytics.
- Digital Law and Legal Knowledge Management.
Tom is a member of the European Commission’s Expert Group on Regulatory Obstacles to Financial Innovation (ROFIEG), the RegTech Council, and the financial industry’s Enterprise Data Management Council (EDMC).